I need you to listen to the vision



Ayyy January!

Time to answer that all important question "What do I want?"...What do I want out of this year, the next couple years even...what direction do I want my life to go in, and what steps can I take this year to put those things in motion? Before you manifest all your deepest desires and greatest dreams into existence, you have to decide what your ideal life looks like!

I've been thinking about this a lot lately. And I'm going to be honest, it's not always easy! The pursuit of your dreams is RARELY smooth sailing. In fact, its rocky as hell--and I get sea sickness just thinking about it. But, I learn more about myself every year and I'm honing in on exactly what it is that I want.
So today I'm answering that question for myself in the form of a good old vision board with a twist!

Now when you think vision board, you may think about cutting random photos and words out of a magazine and glueing them into a cute collage on the front of your binder like in high school ...anyone?...Maybe that was just me then...
But this time we are going to adult it up a bit, and put some real thought into it.
So break out your notebook and begin by writing a list of the areas of your life you want to focus on this year. OR if you're following along and read my last post about the habit tracker, you can use your list from that!
Mine is:
-Family/Relationships
-Career/Financial Freedom
-Wellness (physical/mental)
-Skill Development
-Travel/Quality of Life

Then, break these categories down further, be specific!


Mine became:
-Family/Relationships - (Quality time with my husband, Make girlfriends, keep in touch, walk dogs, make our home beautiful, learn to cook new things)
-Career/Financial Freedom (Book more events, do more event design, grow my brand, pay down credit cards, work with a few specific companies *I wont say, but points if you can spot them on my board)
-Wellness (physical/mental) - (Yoga and Meditation, Eating clean and healthy, Self-care)
-Skill Development - (Design skills, lettering, journaling, social media and marketing)
-Travel/Quality of Life - (Travel with my husband, outside activities, free activities)

THEN comes the fun part! Pull visual representation of all these things from Pinterest, your favorite blogs, google, magazines, photos, etc...anything you can glue/pin up to symbolize what these things mean to you. Again, be as specific as you can! If you want to save for a house, find photos of your dream house...If you want to work for Google, find photos of the Google campus...If you want to start a blog, find photos from your favorite bloggers and the posts that inspire you--gather them all up and lay them out in a big open space!



You can either do a collage style and mix them all up if that works better from you--- I personally CAN NOT do it that way...my brain will not allow it, so I've organized mine onto different cork squares based on their categories.
Then just glue or pin your heart away until you come up with a beautiful board that will remind you every day what you get up and strive for!

Here are a few boards I found that I absolutely LOVE:




















2. Love this "vision bored" episode of That's So Retrograde with The Spiritual Owl




















3. Love the circular organization of this board




I can't wait to see all of yours! Don't forget to tag @craftycake if you post them!

No comments:

Post a Comment