Pesto 3 Ways!



I'm obsessed with pesto. I like it on my pasta, in my scrambled eggs, on pizza. It's so easy and versatile and it can really add flavor to a dish in a relatively healthy way. It's also fun to experiment with different varieties. Once you can make the basic recipe, you can start adding different greens, nuts, and oils.


What you'll need:
-Oil (EVOO is traditional but you can try infused/flavored olive, coconut, grapeseed, avocado oils)
-Greens (Basil is traditional, also try arugula or kale)
-Nuts (Pine nuts are traditional, also try pistachios or walnuts)
-Seasoning (Sea salt, black pepper, garlic)

I honestly never measure when I cook, which I realize makes it hard for people to follow, but it's hard to mess this one up. You're basically going to put your greens and nuts into your blender, bullet, or food processor and add enough oil so that they will blend smoothly into a thick consistency. Season to taste. Scoop into a mason jar and store in the refrigerator.



A few of my favorite combinations are:

-Basil, EVOO, sundried tomato, and garlic,walnuts
-Arugula, lemon infused olive oil, artichoke hearts, pine nuts
-Kale (massaged with oil and sea salt), pistachios, avocado oil

What are your favorite pesto recipes?


No comments:

Post a Comment